MEETING EVER MORE STRINGENT SAFETY STANDARDS
Perfect control of quality is required to meet the increasingly stringent requirements of the uncompromising airbag manufacturing process. Production is the crucial step where airbag profits or losses occur. With the right pre-production software and the latest laser cutting technology, airbag manufacturers can reduce their cost per unit while producing airbags free of defects the first time around, maintaining their profitability and competitiveness while contributing to the road safety value chain.
The fully integrated FocusQuantum® solution comprises state-of-the-art laser-cutting equipment for one-piece woven (OPW) and cut-and-sew airbags, a full suite of cut preparation software and value-added Lectra Professional Services enabling maximum return on investment. The FocusQuantum® laser cutter range offers more than twice the productivity of solutions currently on the market. Thanks to its unmatched precision and the enhanced reliability of predictive maintenance, FocusQuantum® enables a high level of manufacturing excellence at an optimal cost per airbag. The ergonomically designed solution optimizes material reloading and the gathering of cut parts for even greater operational efficiency.
To ensure that life-saving airbags remain free of defects, cut preparation phases must be as rigorous and methodical as possible in order to reach the absolute highest level of performance. FocusQuantum®’s integrated software suite eliminates errors throughout a full array of processes, from design through to cutting. FocusQuantum® Suite ensures full traceability of operations by preventing unauthorized changes to approved commands and processes.
See how the Lectra OPW laser airbag cutting machine helps suppliers achieve significant productivity gains.
See how the Lectra automotive FocusQuantum® flat airbag cutting machine gives airbag cushion suppliers the flexibility to scale up their manufacturing footprint.
FLAT AIRBAG CUTTING SOLUTION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Cut multiple layers of flat fabric with a system that is 1.7 to 2.3 more productive than previous generations of Focus XHP Lectra airbag cutting solutions.
- Increase control over cutting quality and reduce the overall number of rejected pieces with exacting precision and high-capacity cutting capability.
- Reduce the risk of error with fully automated data input and process oriented piloting software.
ONE-PIECE-WOVEN AIRBAG CUTTING SOLUTION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Cut OPW material at ultra high speed with a system that is 2.8 – 3.1 times more productive than previous generations of Focus OPW Lectra airbag cutting solutions.
- Control costs and achieve further loom layout optimization thanks to the FocusQuantum® suite OPW optimizer.
- Easily combine the mainframe, scaled and multi-datum hybrid design methods, and optimize the use of highly distorted material.
- Adapt cutting to material distortions in real time with Lectra’s Smart Cutting technology.
Maximize the benefits of your new airbag solution. Discover how Lectra’s change management expertise can help you optimize your processes and achieve operational excellence goals.